Tips for the Spirit / Spiritual Health Equals Spiritual Wealth

Tips for the Spirit / Spiritual Health Equals Spiritual Wealth

A Note from Pastor Michael

Why is it important to workout spiritually?

Our spirituality must be in good health in order to ascertain a sense of spiritual wealth.

What does that mean?

Exercising the spirit helps to gain spiritual peace and joy in one’s own heart, in one’s own being, even in one’s very own peaceful existence. It has been known to even influence a person’s worldview (Retrieved From: http://www.colsoncenter.org/the-center/columns/call-response/14732-perspectives-biblical-worldview-what-it-is-and-what-it-is-not).

How does one choose to workout spiritually?

This is done by consistently seeking to maintain a peaceful existence, unconditionally caring for all mankind allowing nothing and no one to impede upon your joy and peace; that which is given freely by grace. Also there is the simple idea of being renewed in your thinking (Romans 12: 1-5 NIV).

So why do we give it away so easily?

Simply spoken we give it away, because we choose to. No one can take what God has freely and already given to you by and through grace and “no weapon formed against you can ever prosper” (Isaiah 54:17 NIV).

When is the best time to work out?

This one is also simple; if a fireman puts on his protective gear before going to work and the policeman does the same thing before going to work and the military person wear armor and protective gear. Then why do we not consider wearing our armor daily, “after all we are in a spiritual battle.”

If one concludes that it is important to eat for good health; then why not seek to ascertain a healthy spirit. It would appear that in order to truly be healthy one would also be encouraged to include a workout schedule for gaining a healthy spirit. This may incorporate less stress; healthy lifestyle choices; value systems increase positively; this then increases better chances for longevity in life, relationships and peace.

We are called to go forth with the good news of hope, because we are all recovering from the attacks of the enemy, they may vary, but these attacks are nonetheless the attacks of the enemy, meant to deceive and destroy. Once we learn what we are fighting against, (Spiritual forces) and not flesh (Ephesians 6:10-18). There is where we have our spiritual awakening and that is when we begin the journey of recovery, restoration, healing and spiritual growth, also known as spiritually working out and ultimately we become of use; so as to go forth to tell and help others or simply “become fishers of men.”

Blessings All, Pastor Michael

COMMENTS (21)

Wow, thank you sincerely Pastor Michael. You have shared a great deal of inspirational and spiritual news. Your message is clear and very well received. I love what you have reiterated, that is, “no one can take what God has freely and already given to you by and through grace…” I truly look forward to reading the Bible for answers to all my troubles in life, which will lead to much needed spiritual health! Thank you again. God Bless, Linda

Well hello, I am so pleased to see the excitement regarding the blog post. I also enjoyed the posting of it and will be posting more in the near future. What’s amazing to me is how the spirit speaks, as well as how the spirit responds. Because it is our responses that honor our creator who lovingly affords us better health, as we learn to respond with keys like, peace, joy, unconditional love and compassion. We began to experience the inevitable, as our chemistry begins to awaken in newness and we begin to take the baby steps of our new life in good spiritual health we begin the also experience a richness in health that no amount of wealth could compare. I would challenge everyone to begin today, using the response keys I mentioned earlier and thereby begin to experience a newness in health, wealth of the spiritual kind and watch how your responses begin to create a newness in your relationships with others and with the one in whom you should and must put your trust in, because ultimate we are created to be in perfect health…. Blessings all… Pastor Michael

Great reminder! I have been working on Grace for some time. I am also adding Gratitude to my plate. Thanks again,

Me too Kandy! I really appreciate this article. I look forward to more spiritual commentary from Pastor Michael.

Hi K. Cockerill,

Thank you so much for your response to my last blog. I believe that adding in gratitude and grace are keys that will unlock the door to so much more, like what the atonement and substitution were for. When we begin to grasp what lengths God went to secure our future it makes it a lot easier to accomplish goals like developing an attitude of gratitude as well as gaining a better understanding of what grace accomplishes. But if I may let me share this with you, developing an attitude of servitude is also very valuable as you move forward, then add in patience, because these all go hand in hand…. God Bless You and Keep You… Pastor Michael

I am not to good at this e-mail stuff but Iam so impressed with the message I had to let you know. My spiritual workout has intensified. I am glad my sister turned me on to this. I look forward to more from Pastor Mike.

Hi there Uncle Charles… I am so pleased that you like this post and I know “Pastor Mike” is appreciative and is praising God for blessing him with these words to share with us. Please let me know of any articles that you’d like to see on my healthy living made easy blog. Also, please like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/healthylivingmadeeasy1.

Much Love,

Your Niece at Healthy Living Made Easy

“WOW”, Hello my dear brother, it’s great hearing from you, I am so happy that you enjoyed the blog post. I must say that having family is sometimes challenging and joyful, but when one matures and begin to understand what God has done with the development of families. It is then the one can see how the family bond is as strong as granite, we are the family of God first and foremost, but then He allows us to bond through trials and joyful times as human beings on earth. What we inevitably learn is that this is a trial period for our destiny which is to be eternally connected to the family of God. Knowing this allows us to learn to love unconditionally, as we desire to be loved unconditionally and this affords us better spiritual health and as your stated Leonard this, “intensifies” our relationship with He who is greater in us; than he who is of this world, as well as those that we love and care for on this earth. But we must also remember to share this with all of Gods children not just the one’s we are familiar with, because we are all Gods children… Amen… God Bless You and the family…. Pastor Michael, “your baby brother” always….

My partner and I stumbled over here different web address and
thought I should check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you.
Look forward to looking into your web page again.

Hello Cindy,
    Glad you stumble over, however there is no such thing as coincidence, we are guided in our steps so you and your partner are following a predestined journey for your lives I believe and it important that you both continue to allow yourselves to be guided to experience that which is meant for you to experience so that you can continue to be a blessing in the lives of others. As this I also believe is what we are called to be and do, be a blessings to others, as this affords us peace and joy in our lives. thank you for your response to my blog and this awesome webpage… Pastor Michael

I have read so many posts regarding the blogger lovers except
this piece of writing is actually a pleasant paragraph,
keep it up.

Hello Lenore,

So glad you enjoyed the piece that was written and thank you for responding, it blessed me. sometimes it is as simple as our responses that encourage or uplift those that are seeking a peaceful resolution to life’s challenges. Responses have changed lives, responses have changes cultures and environments, governments, countries, beliefs Christian or otherwise and responses have changed worldviews. My question lately is, “”how will we respond when Jesus ask us the question; how did we serve Him and His people”? There is a certain healthiness that comes from pleasant responses; I personally believe we should always respond in love, gently, compassionately, with an absolute unconditional loving kindness in attitude toward all.
    Peace and joy are the comforts of the Lord and this also affords us a life with less stress and more of Gods joy… This is a spiritual health tip, “drink up.” Blessings to you.. Pastor Michael

Hello to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this
web page, and your views are pleasant for new users.

Hello Ignacio,

Blessed is the man or woman that recognizes the presence of the elegance of the spirit of the Lord. I have been blessed to share some lessons in the past in which I always remind people of one simple truth, “you know them by their fruit.” What does that mean, simply when you interact with others you know what type of people they are by the attitude they reflect, some important factors in this are; there should be only one attitude and that is an attitude of gratitude, which should be followed up by the actions of servitude. If we can accomplish this then it is quite possible that we can experience God on a whole new level. That is when and why we can experience excellence in health and life relationships, because it’s not our excellence that elevates us, but God’s excellence… Keep seeking, keep being grateful, and keep loving unconditionally, it’s the fruit that everyone wants a piece of… Blessings… Pastor Michael

If some one desires expert view concerning running a blog then i recommend him/her to go to see this weblog,
Keep up the fastidious job.

This is a topic which is near to my heart… Best wishes!
Exactly where are your contact details though?

Mine too Karry. Thanks to Pastor Michael. I’m looking forward to more of his enlightening, spiritual and heartfelt messages… Also, please like us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/healthylivingmadeeasy1.

Cheers,

Healthy Living Made Easy

Hi Karry,

You can blog with here on this page anytime, I’m glad to hear that this is a topic that is near to your heart as you may very well know, God speaks to and through the hearts of mankind. That is why we have to get our heart health into shape, so that we can communicate with the one who heals, strengthens, restores and delivers.. Proper meditation, study of the word of God and fellowship is important as we learn and grow in our lives. What I believe to most important is how we grow spiritually, because this allows us to become closer with the one who saves… Amen.. Gods Blessings to you… Pastor Michael

A message from pastor Michael,

We all have been given privilege, as we all have access to the one who saves and there are but a few requirements to gain access; one; is humble thyself, two; prayer and meditation, three; having confidence in Gods faithfulness. You see it’s not enough to just trust in His ability to sustain us in all situations and circumstances, but we must develop an absolute, unconditional level of confidence in His faithfulness to His own word, promises. This is how we begin to grow and mature spiritually and this in turn encourages us to do unto the Lord in all situations and circumstances , and become “not conformed to the patterns of this world”, but rather “transformed in our thinking” (Romans 12::1-2 NIV). I saw the Pope was in the U.S. last week, but what I noticed is how everyone was trying to get a glimpse, what stuck out to me most was that they were running to see the man, but they have already been granted access and all each of us has to do is “ask” Him to come into our hearts and live, acknowledge that we believe He came to this earth, He died fr our sins, He was raised from the dead by God the Father and that He is coming back and it is then that we have gained access. Scripture teaches us that, “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you” (James 1:5 NIV)…. May God continue to bless each of you to the level in which you able to withstand and understand…. Pastor Michael

What causes stress is noted as being the features of arousal and fear; this occurs when the neurotransmitters are set in motion in our brain area, which called the hypothalamus. These transmitters trigger neutrons throughout the brain and release chemicals throughout the body. This in turn activates two nervous systems called the autonomic and the endocrine nervous systems (Comer 2009, p. 141).
The autonomic nervous system is a complicated set of fibers that connect the central nervous system (the brain and the spinal cord) to all of the other organs in the body. These fibers help control the heartbeat, blood pressure and perspiration (Comer 2009, p. 141). Likewise there is the endocrine nervous system, which is a network of glands that are located throughout the body and these glands release hormones into our bloodstream which go on into other organs in the body (Comer 2009, p. 141).
These two system use two different pathways in our body’s, one is the sympathetic nervous system and the second is the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal pathway. It is the sympathetic nervous system that reacts when we face dangerous situations, as this group of autonomic nervous system fibers work to quicken our heartbeat as well as producing other changes that we experience as fear and or anxiety (Comer 2009, p. 141).
The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal pathway secretes the adrenocorticotropic hormone this in turn stimulates the outer layer of the adrenal glands an area also known as the adrenal cortex; which in turn release a group of stress hormones called corticosteroids which includes the hormone cortisol and these travel to other body organs where they produce arousal and fear reactions. It is the reaction in these two pathways that are collectively referred to as the, “fight of flight response, simply because they arouse and prepare our bodies for a response to dangerous situations and or circumstances that make us uncomfortable (Dallman & Hellhammer, 2011, as cited by Comer 2009, p. 142). There is also a second group of nervous system fibers that react when danger, arousal and or fearful situation have passed; it is called the parasympathetic nervous system (Comer 2009, p. 142).
Treatment of Stress Disorders, with the many levels of stress and the number of types of stress disorders, it is imperative to diagnose the type of stress that you are dealing with to best assist the client or patient. There are identifying differences in stress, one being that for most people the reaction subsides after the danger or arousal situation passes (Comer 2009,p. 142).
However the other difference is that for others the arousal and or fear persist long after the situation is over and this is what is known as acute stress disorder or what’s currently being identified as posttraumatic stress disorder, which are patterns that arise as a result of a traumatic psychological event (Comer 2009, p. 142). These psychological traumatic events occur when a person is exposed to a life threatening situation, serious injury, and or sexual violation (APA, 2013, 2012, as cited by Comer 2009, p. 142).
Somatic disorders are the result of a person that suffers from excessive stressing or obsessing, concerns and anxiety about bodily symptoms that they may be experiencing and one’s life is greatly disrupted as a result of the symptoms. The symptoms can be long lasting and ultimately have no real known cause and the concerns of the individual are usually disproportionate to the seriousness of the person’s bodily problems (APA, 2013, 2012, as cited by Comer 2009, p. 240).
There are two distinctive patterns of the somatic symptom disorder, one being the somatization pattern and the other being predominant pain pattern. The somatization pattern is where the individual experiences a large varied number of bodily systems and in the predominant pain pattern, the person’s primary bodily problem is the experiencing of pain (Comer 2009, p. 240).
As for me personally, when I was suffering from my life of worldliness, I was prone to be stigmatized and diagnosed to be suffering from every type of stress and disorder that could be applied to one human being. From traumatic stress, depression, anxiety, with a bi-polar diagnosis, and server addiction tendencies, it wasn’t until I decided that I was not going to be the person the world said I was and instead allow the Holy Spirit to guide me in becoming what God had preordained and predestined me to become, that I started to experience the newness in and through Christ.
I decided to trust His word and promises on my life, which mean, yes, I started to read the word of God daily and not only reading it, but believing it and receiving it, in on and over my entire existence, in every situation and every circumstance, no matter what it looked like, I made a choice to trust what Jesus said and not what the world was telling me about me. Today I am truly what God said I am, I mean I literally have witness the word of God transform my very existence to that which He preordained and predestined me to be, see, do, speak, experience and share.
Today I live a life of freedom, victorious in Christ Jesus, with no doubt that I am the head and not the tail, that I am above and not beneath, I am no longer the borrower, but the lender. As I now live a life full of perfect peace and joy; free from the chaos of the world, this can only come from Jesus Christ. Today I have learned to stay prayed up and suited up; for the war has begun and I am a new creature in Christ, geared for battle, as I am a soldier for the Lord. A pastoral warrior constantly doing battle for the Lord, as He so purposed my life and prepared me for the test of this life, in this boot camp called earth, with all of its diagnosis and stress.
Which by the way, no longer apply to my life, because He has set me apart, as I now know that, not only has the price been paid for my freedom, but I have an inheritance called grace and salvation. Transformed in my mind, I am the redeemed of the Lord, so I have no more need to stress or allow anyone to tempt me to become stressed, “who the son sets free; is free indeed”, because Jesus paid the ransom, “once and for all.”
Blessing to you all,